Radolfzell Lanugage and Renewable Energy Program
Offered in partnership with the CDC language school, the Radolfzell Language and Renewable Energy Program provides students at U.S. colleges and universities, as well as recent graduates, a first-hand introduction to German renewable energy practices through excursions, lectures, and meetings with leaders in the field. Participants also expand their professional qualifications through intensive German language instruction at the CDC. The 4-week program will take place from May 21st to June 18th, 2012.
The program is based in Radolfzell am Bodensee, a picturesque town on the shores of Lake Constance in Baden-Württemburg, and offers excursions throughout the region known as one of Germany’s leading areas in the production and implementation of renewable energy techniques. Upon arriving in Germany, you will begin a 4-week intensive German course at the CDC Radolfzell language school. These language courses are augmented by 2-3 weekly excursions and events designed to offer an overview of Germany’s renewable energy practices. These excursions will approach the renewable energy question from a variety of angles, covering multiple energy sources (including solar, wood, and refuse) and addressing environmental and energy policy as well as practical implementations of alternative energy sources.
Cultural Vistas offers:
- Enrollment in a 4-week language course at CDC Radolfzell
- Accommodation at the CDC ‘s student guesthouse
- Arrangement of renewable energy excursions (2-3 per week)
- Interpreter and guide on excursions
- Unlimited access to public transportation in Landkreis Konstanz
- Transportation between train station and guesthouse upon arrival/departure
- Pre-departure information mailing
- Enrollment in health insurance
- Support throughout the program in Germany and the U.S.
Applications and supporting materials must be postmarked or submitted online by Sunday, April 1, 2012.